- Editor/Producer/Cameraman. April – Aug 2012. “The Car Czar Show” is a weekly 30 min automotive television program that airs on The CW. I shot, produced and edited pre-taped and live segments, as well as created motion graphic openers and bumps.
- 30 minute documentary on KVIE PBS’s Viewfinder. “From California to Kaiping” aired on public television 3 times in November 2010 in Central California, the nation’s 20thranked market. Shot, written and edited by myself, the film explores my family’s immigration experience from China to the US.
- Multimedia Intern. Sep. – Nov. 2009. China Daily, Beijing. Won 1st place in China’s National Day multimedia competition with “One Day in Beijing” video. China Dailyis China’s largest English language newspaper.
- National Journalism Award.Won 2009 Fox News Channel College Challenge with news package on the Akaka Bill, which addresses Native Hawaiian rights. As part of a team of two, I shot video, edited, interviewed and wrote for the package. We won $10,000 while the university got a matching $10,000 grant.
- Editorial Intern. May 2008 – Aug 2008. Hawaii Businessmagazine, Honolulu, HI. Hawaii’s largest business magazine. Wrote briefs, full page stories, copy edited and conducted research.
- Grip. Feb 2011. “Dark Truths,” feature film. Auburn, CA. Ran cable, positioned lights, assisted the camera operator and prepared the production’s lighting and camera setups. The majority of the 3D film was shot on a custom chroma key set.
- Equipment. Experienced with prosumer camcorders and DSLRs, audio recorders and microphones, and tungsten and fluorescent lighting.
- Software. Proficient in Adobe CS5.5 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.) as well as Apple’s Final Cut Studio 7 (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Color, etc.). Post production skills include building motion graphics, stabilizing footage, motion tracking, color correcting and audio sweetening.
- University of Hawai’i at Mānoa. Honolulu, HI. Journalism. Graduated May 2009. Recipient of Carol Burnett Award for Ethics and Excellence in Journalism and the Golden State ScholarShare scholarship.